The beginner tutorials demonstrate the most common use cases and explain basic concepts. We encourage you to run the samples and experiment with them. All example code is included in the jMonkeyEngine SDK: Simply create a new project from the
JmeTests template. To start writing your own projects, create a new file from the
- Hello SimpleApplication – Initializing a SimpleApplication
- Hello Node – Transforming Geometries and Nodes in the Scenegraph
- Hello Assets – Loading 3-D models, scenes, and other assets.
- Hello Loop – Triggering actions in the update loop
- Hello Input – Responding to keyboard and mouse input
- Hello Material – Setting Materials, Textures, Transparency
- Hello Animation – Controlling animated models
- Hello Picking – Shooting, pressing buttons, selecting, picking up items
- Hello Collision – Making walls and floors solid
- Hello Terrain – Creating hilly landscapes with textures
- Hello Audio – Accompanying places and actions with 3D sound
- Hello Effects – Creating particle effects such as fire, explosions, spells.
- Hello Physics – Bouncing ball and falling bricks
See also: Trouble running the samples?
Now that you understood the basics, let's put it all together. The following intermediate articles help you to understand how to use these concepts in context.
3D Graphics Concepts
Video Use Case Tutorials - Note these videos use alpha features only available in the next release
Now that you understand the concepts, it's time to make the most of the jMonkeyEngine. Deep-dive into the API and learn about all options, including less commonly used advanced methods. Don't over-extend yourself, developing a good game requires time and dedication. One step at a time, champ! :)
Controlling Game Logic
Managing Objects in the 3D Scene Graph
Animations and Scenes
Materials, Light, Shadow
Audio and Video
Post-Processor Filters and Effects
Graphical User Interface
Logging and Debugging
These code examples are not supported by the core team and we cannot guarantee their correctness:
The jMonkeyEngine SDK is our recommended game development environment.
Here are some videos of how the jMonkeyEngine SDK makes your development team's life easier:
- Read the SDK documentation for details.